Water Quality & Services

Caravan Park Licence

Caravan park and campsite operators must apply to the local authority for a licence.

Discharge to Waters Licence

Businesses must apply to the local authority for a licence to discharge liquids or sewage to rivers, lakes or the sea.

Landspreading Control

Local authorities regulate land spreading activities on farms to protect water quality.

Nutrient Management Plan Assessment

Local authorities may assess nutrient management plans to ensure the spreading of organic sludges and fertilizers does not cause environmental damage.

Septic Tank Grant

Local authorities may provide financial support to homeowners to upgrade or replace septic tanks or domestic waste water treatment systems.

Stream Grid Maintenance

Local authorities may maintain steam grids used to protect the entrance to culverts or stormwater pipes by clearing debris that has washed downstream.