Harbours and Piers

Harbour Fee Payment

Owners or masters of boats, ships or vessels who want to dock at a local authority owned harbour or pier may have to pay a fee.

Harbour Mooring Permit

You must apply to the local authority for a harbour mooring permit if you want to dock a boat in a local authority harbour.

Harbours and Piers

Local authorities may manage and develop harbours and piers by carrying out construction works, extension works, dredging, and provision of turning bays, slipways, and breakwaters.