Tenancy Surrender Request

Local authorities consider requests from tenants who no longer want to be local authority tenants.

Any tenant of Carlow County Council may surrender the tenancy of their rental property at any time by giving notice and filling out the Surrender of Tenancy Form.

In accordance with the Housing Allocation Scheme 2021 - 2025 , any tenant surrendering their property, an application for a different property shall not be considered for a period of three years except in the case of permanent marriage dissolution or relationship breakdown, whereby an application may be considered after a period of 6 months.