Permission to Reside Request

Local authorities may support someone to move in with an existing tenant in a local authority property.

Carlow County Council may consider the addition of an additional adult occupant to your household or adding as a joint occupant. To be considered to be added to a tenancy the following is required: -

  • Submission of the completed form below to the Housing Department prior to the new applicant taking up residence at the property
  • The property must be suitable for all members of the household
  • The rent account for the property must be up to date
  • Submission of income details of the applicant to be assessed in accordance with the Rents Scheme 

The Housing Department will assess the application and the decision will be notified in writing to the primary tenant of the household. The primary tenant is responsible for the actions of all members of the household. Any breaches in the tenancy of either the tenant or any of the occupants may result in a termination of the tenancy. Permission to reside does not convey any right for succession of the tenancy. 

Completed forms should be returned to or submitted to the 

Rents Section,
Carlow County Council, 
Tullow Civic Offices, 
Relief Road, 
R93 WP86.