Housing Welfare Support

Local authorities may offer housing welfare support to vulnerable tenants who may be in rent or mortgage arrears or experiencing difficulty with their tenancy or living conditions.

Carlow County Council have Tenant Liaison Officers (TLOs) and a Social Worker employed to support Tenancies. Any Local Authority Tenant who requires advice or support or if there are any issues of anti-social behaviour please contact estatemanagement@carlowcoco.ie and one of the team will make contact to discuss the issue.

For all new tenancies a TLO will make a home visit within the first few weeks of your tenancy to discuss tenant responsibilities, ensure that rent payments are set up and items like waste management contracts are in place.

Any tenant that needs support or advice around rent payments should contact housingrents@carlowcoco.ie