Disabled Persons Grant Scheme

Local authorities may carry out extensions or adaptations to local authority houses such as grab rails, access ramps, wet rooms or downstairs bedrooms for older tenants or tenants with a disability.

Carlow County Council receives a funding under Disabled Persons Grant (DPG) to complete works on Local Authority properties. Under the scheme, exchequer funding meets 90% of the cost of the works in each property, with the local authority providing the remaining 10%.

The DPG scheme provides funding for extensions and adaptations to existing social housing stock for older people and people with a disability such as grab rails, disabled access ramps, wet rooms, downstairs bedrooms etc. The scheme also provides extensions in cases of overcrowding.

To apply please fill out the application form below, making sure that your GP fills out the medical section. Income details are not required.

For more information please email grants@carlowcoco.ie