Housing Aid for Older People Grant

Local authorities may provide grants to older people who own their own home for repairs or improvement works to make their privately owned home more suitable to their needs.

The Scheme of Housing Aid for Older People is available to assist people aged 66 years or older living in poor housing conditions to have necessary repairs or improvements carried out.

The types of works grant aided under the scheme include structural repairs or improvements, re-wiring, repairs to/replacement of windows and doors, the provision of heating, water and sanitary services.

Further details regarding the scheme are available from:

Carlow County Council
Housing Department
Tullow Civic Office,
Relief Road,
Co Carlow
Email: housinggrants@carlowcoco.ie