Hazardous Waste Regulations Enforcement

Local authorities regulate the transport and disposal of hazardous waste.

The Civic Amenity Site at Powerstown will accept some of your household hazardous waste in the form of:

  • Car and household batteries
  • Engine and cooking oil
  • Fluorescent tubes
  • Used mobile phones and chargers

Attach Powerstown CA site flyer

Waste Management (Movement of Hazardous Waste) Regulations 1998

If your company or business is producing hazardous waste you are responsible for making sure that it is disposed of in a proper environmental manner. Your company must comply with the Waste Management (Movement of Hazardous Waste) Regulations 1998.

C1 Form (Now known as Waste Transfer Form)

The new C1 form process is now an online system controlled by Dublin City Council and is now called a Waste Transfer Form (WTF). For more information please go to wrms.dublincity.ie

Transfrontier Shipment Forms

TFS forms are available from the National TFS Office, Dublin City Council, Eblana House, 68-71 Marrowbone Lane, Dublin 8, Tel: 01 22242350/ 2224374.

These forms are obligatory for the transportation of waste and must be completed. Failure to do so could result in a prosecution. For more information on disposing of hazardous waste and application forms please contact the environment section on 059-9136231.

Farm Hazardous Waste Collection

Farmers should continue to segregate their hazardous waste for future collection or make arrangements with hazardous waste collection companies to have hazardous waste collected directly from them. For example, many hazardous waste collection companies offer a collection service for used oil filters and used o