Bulky Goods Removal

Local authorities may collect bulky goods such as large electrical items or furniture from households for disposal.

If you have a large volume of waste to get rid of, you can hire a skip from a private waste collection company. Bulky waste can also be brought to Carlow County Council’s Civic Amenity Site at Powerstown, Carlow, R93RF22. Bulky items like carpets, furniture or fridges should never be left out for the regular refuse collection.

For information on disposing of electrical or electronic equipment, see our page on Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment.