Petroleum Vapour Emissions Certificate

Owners or operators of petrol stations and fuel tankers must apply to the local authority petroleum vapour emissions certificate.

How do I Apply for a Petroleum Vapour Emissions Certificate?

  • The site vapor recovery system will need to be tested during a delivery of petroleum by an Approved Assessor who is registered with Carlow County Council. The list of Approved Assessors is available from the Environment Section. Please contact 059 9136240 or email
  • The assessor will issue a certificate of testing and compliance to the operator once satisfied that the system in operating correctly.
  • The report, application form and appropriate fee must be submitted to Carlow County Council.
  • The application will be reviewed and once satisfied, Carlow County Council will issue a Certificate of Testing.
  • This certificate must be renewed every 3 years.